Senate of Serampore University, Union Biblical Seminary, Pune, India (2012)
Master of Theology in Old Testament, First Class (Grade A-, 68.80%, 4 GPA).
Bachelor of Divinity, Second Class.
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Priya darshini College of Engineering, Andhra Pradesh, India (2007)
Bachelor of Engineering, Major, Electrical and Electronics
Lecturer in Biblical Studies department, Old Testament at Union Biblical Seminary, Pune, Maharashtra.
PREVIOUS TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Nepal Ebenezer Bible College, Nepal: Bachelor of Theology level
- Pentateuch: Formation of a Priestly nation (July- November (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015))
- Prophetic Movement in Israel (July-November (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015))
- Life and Ministry of Israel (January- May (2013, 2014, 2015))
- Introducing Biblical Hebrew (July- November (2013,2014, 2015))
- Introduction to Christian Ethics (July- November (2013, 2014, 2015))
- A 2-hour seminar on Exegetical sermon (September 2012)
- Presented an academic paper on Towards a Nepali Christian Theology: A Proposal (September 2014)
Nepal Ebenezer Bible College: Master of Divinity level
- Introduction and Intermediate Biblical Hebrew (Sep 17- Oct 12, 2018)
Nepal Theological Academy (Consortium)
- History of Israel: Life and Formation of the People of God (July 30th –Aug 24th 2018)
- Presented an academic paper on “A Theo-Centric Eco Wisdom: An Antidote to Ecological crisis in Nepal.”
Union Biblical Seminary
- Research Methods, 2 credit course (June-Sep 2019)
- Wisdom Literature in English and Hebrew, 4 credit course (June-Sep 2019)
- History of Israel, 4 credit course (June-Sep 2019)
- Life and Faith of People of God in the Old Testament (June-Oct 2019)
- Study Methods (June-Oct 2019)
- Hope in Suffering & Joy in Liberation: Study of Hebrew Poetry & Wisdom Literature (June-Oct 2019)
- Liberation & Formation of the Identity of the People of God in Pentateuch (English & Hebrew) (Nov 2019-March 2020)
- Biblical Hermeneutics: Methods and Perspectives (Nov 2019-March 2020)
- Prophetic Responses to the Struggles of the People of God (Nov 2019-March 2020)
Master’s Level: Hebrew Orientation May 13th -24th 2019
Old Testament history, Pentateuch, Prophets, Wisdom Literature, Psalms, Old Testament theology, Biblical Hebrew, Old Testament exegesis, Old Testament ethics, Second Temple Period literature, Introduction to New Testament, Johannine thought, New Testament church and its governance. Introduction to Christian Ethics.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
- Worked as the President of Union Biblical Seminary Students’ Association, Pune, India, 2012.
- Worked as Dean of Academics at Nepal Ebenezer Bible College from March 2013 to Dec 2015.
- Overseeing the academic affairs of the college in terms of forming the curriculum at BTh level, and Master’s in Organization leadership (a joint program by Nepal Ebenezer Bible College and Development Associates International) maintain the students’ academic records, making the course schedules and arranging seminars and special lectures.
- Worked as Academic Co-ordinator for Nepal Theological Academy, a consortium for higher degrees in theology in Nepal from 7th April 2015 to 15th Oct 2015.
- Overseeing theological journal project, which was initiated by the college to encourage the development of theological academia of Nepal.
- Worked as Academic Coordinator
- Worked as an academic coordinator in Nepal Ebenezer Bible College, Kathmandu, Nepal. Overseeing the academic life of the college. Planning and implementing curriculum for M. Div and B. Th programs. Updating academic programs of the college according to the accreditation body.
- Towards a ‘Nepali’ Christian Theology: A Proposal, Union Biblical Seminary Journal, Vol. 8.2-9.1, Sep. 2013-Mar. 2105.
- Righteous, Power, and Wrath of God: An Exegetical Essay on Romans 1: 16-3, Dharmasastriya Prakash, 2nd Issue, August 2015.
- Bakkavemana, Yeshwanth. “Internalization of the New Covenant: An Antidote to Religious Vigilantism in India.” Biblical Studies Journal 1, no. 2 (2019):26-40.
I am strongly convicted that God is calling me to be an innovator in theological education globally as well as in South East Asia. Especially I would like to contribute to the on-going research in Biblical studies, in particular, in the Old Testament. I would like to mentor and train my fellow scholars to innovate original research in the Old Testament.
- Second Temple Period Studies with special focus on Qumran literature
- Textual Criticism of the Hebrew Bible
- Hebrew grammar and linguistic studies
- Old Testament theology
- Pentateuch and Prophets
Potential Doctoral Research:
- Hebrew Grammar of the Large Isaiah Scroll (1QIsaa): The research is an exploration of variants in Large Isaiah Scroll to see whether there is a distinct grammar reflected by the variants. Secondly, the research seeks to find resonance with any biblical and Qumran literature, if any.
Name : Yeshwanth Bakkavemana
Father’s Name : B.V.Dhananjaya
Date of Birth : 09-05-1985
Gender : Male
Nationality : Indian
Marital Status : Married
Spouse Name : Sapana Ghising (Nepalese Citizen)
Spouse’s qualification: Staff Nurse
1) Name : Ms. Sarah Anjali Bakkavemana
Age : Five Years
Gender : Female
2) Name : Elijah Sudarsan Bakkavemana
Age : Two Year
Gender : Male
Languages Known : English, Telugu, Hebrew, Greek and Hindi
Permanent Address : S/o Dhanajaya B.V
Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India-524003
LinkedIn Profile: linkedin.com/in/yeshwanth-bakkavemana-49314561